OutPost 2: Singapore Really Really Free Market 19
The first-ever outdoor session since it started in Jan 2009.
Join us for this session of the temporary market based on the concept of giving and building a community based on sharing resources, caring for one another and improving the collective lives of all.
Everything is free! Come share your stuff (books, cds, toys, food, etc) or skills (tarot card reading, hair cutting, poetry writing, singing, etc) by giving them to others who need them!
By sharing, we are reducing consumption and waste of our natural resources, re-using what we don’t need anymore by passing it on, and most importantly, showing everyone that there are more sustainable and loving ways to live.
This session is part of ‘Singapore Unity Project Commemorates International Human Rights Day’ [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=172626642830327] which features a number of ‘booths’ from various local NGOs.
Please join us! Do announce your participation on the wall so that we have a rough gauge of how many mats/tables/chairs we need, and also, so that others can be inspired too!
And, of course, you’re also welcome to come by to just experience the joys of giving and making friends!
Please take note of the following:
1. On event day, we will need several volunteers. If you can help anytime from 2-9pm, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
2. We have several mats, tables and chairs for participants on a first-come-first-served basis, please email us if you need them. If you have mats, tables and chairs to lend us for the event, please let us know too!
3. Due to lack of storage space and manpower, all items left over at the end of the day will be disposed of. As such, please plan to stick around or come back at the end to claim your remaining items. If you have a vehicle and will drive the left-over items to a Salvo or other charities, please let us know!
4. There is currently no rain plan but we will attempt to keep the session going in the case of bad weather. If you have tents to contribute, we’ll be very happy to accept them!
5. We reserve the right to turn away people and items which we deem unsuitable.
Lastly, please ‘like’ the new FB page of SRRFM at http://www.facebook.com/srrfm so that you can continue to get news about it!