THIS SESSION IS FULL
Join us for a lovely late afternoon walk around Bukit Brown Cemetery! We’ll meet inside the old gates for a 1hr walk introducing you to Singapore’s first municipal cemetery. Enjoy the lovely serene environment, visit some of our forefathers and find out why we have to save this historical and natural treasure trove!
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
1. We will be walking mainly on paved roads. Rain or Shine.
2. Wear light breathable clothing. Long pants and long sleeves if you are prone to insect bites or use a natural insect repellent.
3. Wear comfortable non-slip shoes as some areas have lots of leaves, roots and stones, safety is important.
4. Bring water, light snacks, rain gear/umbrella, a sunhat and waterproof your electronics and delicates.
5. Do go to the toilet before. There are NO facilities anywhere there or nearby.
6. RSVP is a must as we have very limited spaces available. Please email email@example.com with name, tel and number of spaces required and we’ll get back to you.
7. This is a free event but contributions to Post-Museum’s capital is very welcome.
8. Read up on Bukit Brown before going so you have a better understanding of the place (some websites are listed below).
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING THERE:
* Painting time! We will be providing acrylic paint, cardboard pieces and small canvases for you to paint placards and paintings to help save Bukit Brown. We will collect and use these to push the campaign further.
* We will also be there to collect signatures for the Open Letter to the Singapore Government to save Bukit Brown [http://sosbukitbrown.wordpress.com/].
So do join us. See you there!
HOW TO GET THERE:
Bus services available: 52, 74, 93, 157, 165, 852, 855.
By MRT and Bus :
From North: Go to Marymount MRT and walk to bus-stop #53019 along Upper Thomson Road. Take Buses 52, 74, 165, 852, 855
Alight 6 stops later at bus-stop, #41149, opposite Singapore Island Country Club (SICC), Adam Road. Walk towards Sime Road in the direction of Kheam Hock Road until you see Lorong Halwa.
From South: Go to Botanic Gardens MRT and walk to bus-stop #41121 at Adam Road, in front of Singapore Bible College. Take Buses 74, 93, 157, 165, 852, 855
Alight 2 stops later at bus-stop, #41141, before Singapore Island Country Club (SICC), Adam Road. Cross the bridge and walk towards Sime Road in the direction of Kheam Hock Road until you see Lorong Halwa.
For general travel directions, go to http://gothere.sg/maps
Detailed directions and photos can be found at http://leonefabre.blogspot.com/2011/07/walk-thru-bukit-brown.html
WEBSITES ON BUKIT BROWN: