Activist Care Centre is a project looking at the past, present and future of civil society in Singapore. Featuring an exhibition, talks and other events, this series will be a foray into the challenges and opportunities of organising for real change in Singapore.
A fundraising programme of Post-Museum which marks the closing of our current premises in Little India, Singapore.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
> 23 July – 3 August: Exhibition:
– A collection of zines and other publications from Heather Chi covering a wide range of issues, mostly from UK in 2009.
– A sculpture from seminal project Errata: Page 71, Plate 47. Image caption. Change Year: 1950 to Year 1959; Reported September 2004 by Koh Nguang How.
– A collection of relics from Balakrishnan Matchap showing his involvement in environmental, animal and vegetarianism activism since the 1990s.
– A sculpture from All Together Now, a project by Post-Museum (Ong Xiao Yun, Jennifer Teo and Woon Tien Wei) in Melbourne, Australia, involving Melbourne-based civil society groups with various causes in 2010.
– T-shirts from SlutWalk Singapore x Kuala Lumpur which is planned to take place later in 2011 to take a stand against sexual violence and victim-blaming.
– Sculptures by Treewizard from his Political Art series from 2010-2011.
Entry by donation (to Post-Museum Fund); opened 6-10pm (Tue-Sat), closed from Sun & Mon.
> 26 July (Tue), 8pm: Talk: Civil Society Participation in the Control of HIV/AIDS in Vietnam, by Dr Alfred Montoya [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=256217134393635]
> 29 July (Fr), 7.30pm: Talk: Some Comparative Thoughts on Heritage Activism in Hong Kong, Penang and Singapore, by Dr Daniel PS Goh [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=250785591600240]
> 29 July (Fri), 9pm: Talk: Cats – Winning the Battle for Public Opinion, by Veron Lau [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=222961237748080]
> 30 July (Sat), 4.30pm: Roundtable Discussion: Activism in Singapore, by Derrick Lim, Balakrishnan Matchap, Sha Najak, Irene Oh, Ong Xiao Yun and Treewizard. [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185562118174195]
> 30 July (Sat), 7.30pm: Talk: Social Entrepreneurship: A Misunderstood Concept in Singapore, by Grace Sai [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=222054517836674]
> 30 July (Sat), 9pm: Talk: Green Volunteering and Other Actions in Singapore and the Region, by Grant Pereira [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=189337614461480]
> 2 August (Tue), 8pm: Talk: Inspired into Action: 12 Years of Civil Society Activism, by Dr James Gomez [http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235997936432385]